Correlation between serum levels of anti-mullerian hormone (amh) and the other hormonal parameters in women with polycystic ovary syndrome.
,1,* Didehjahan maryam
,2 Parvaneh safa
,3 Rahmatollah dadvar
,4 Zeynab masom
1. Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Islamic Azad University, Qom, Iran
2. Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran
3. Department of Midwifery, Faculty of Medicine, Qom Branch, Islamic Azad University, Qom, Iran.
4. department of psychology, baft branch, islamic azad university, baft, iran
5. Department of Midwifery, Faculty of Medicine, Qom Branch, Islamic Azad University, Qom, Iran
The anti-mullerian hormone /amh/ is a glycoprotein of the transforming growth factor-beta superfamily. has recently been proposed as a marker for the diagnosis of pcos.this study was made association between serum levels of anti-mullerian hormone (amh) and the other hormonal parameters in women with pcos.
This case-control study was perform on 80 patients who go to qom clinic.40 patients were diagnosed as the pcos group and 40 in normal women. amh and other data were recorded and analysed using the spss software version 18.
According to this study, amh is significantly higher in pcos, mean amh level is higher significantly (7.8 versus 2.9 ng/ml) independent of other factors )p<0/05(.also, there was a significant association with the serum amh level with family history of ovarian failure and previous surgery(3.93 ± 0.75 and 1.63 ± 0.53, respectively), and the levels of lh and fsh and estradiol was no significant difference in each group, and their only difference was in amh levels.
There is a close relationship between the level of amh in the early follicular phase (day 3) and the amount of ovarian reserve. and the high amh level represents a high chance of fertility in these women.
Anti-mullerian hormone, hormon, women, polycystic ovary syndrome